I've just finished uploading 28 new resources to the website. They are mostly for KS1 French and Spanish, for the Pirates unit that I have been creating this term for my mixed Y1/2 class.
Monday 30 October 2023
Saturday 19 August 2023
I have just finished uploading 75 new resources to the website:
- Some resources for the 2023 Rugby World Cup (English, French, Spanish, German, Italian)
- A number of primary French resources, including some, for opinions of fruits and weather, which are the first for which I have used ChatGPT to try to speed up the process. Read more about my experiments with ChatGPT here.
- Some more primary Spanish resources, including the first for my forthcoming 2-year rolling scheme for Key Stage 1. I am going to be starting with Pirates to teach greetings, numbers and colours. These resources are also available in French.
- Some KS4 Spanish high-frequency verb revision resources
Wednesday 9 August 2023
I've just finished uploading 53 new resources, things that I had been saving up over the last couple of terms. It's mostly for Primary French, with a bit also of Primary Spanish, French Display and Spanish Display.
If you want to locate new resources on a certain page easily, try CTRL+F on your computer and enter the date 08.08.23. You can also use "Find in page" on your mobile device using the same date.
Light Bulb Languages now has a total of 7929 resources - nearly 8000!
Friday 24 February 2023
Issue 15 of Write Away! magazine is now available to read on Light Bulb Languages.
I hope that reading this issue or previous issues has inspired you to submit your own students' writing. As the editor, I aim to include as many pieces of work as possible. Here are some tips to help ensure that your students' work is among those selected for inclusion:
1. Please send the work as scanned .jpg or .png files. This is by far the easiest format to edit if necessary and to drop onto the page. Photographed work is not ideal. The resolution is often too low for effective enlargement, and it is very difficult to edit it to get a pure white background.
2. Make sure once the work is scanned that it's legible. Work written in faint pencil or light coloured pen like yellow can't be used. Sometimes colouring-in makes the writing hard to read. Work that has pencil obviously overwritten with pen will not be used. The background of the piece of work should be pure white all over (unless there are illustrations or colouring!)
5. The work needs to be as correct and as neat as possible. Write Away! is aspirational, a showcase and a celebration.
Thursday 2 February 2023
All the new resources will have "added 02.02.23" underneath them. If you're on your computer you can use CTRL+F and type in that date to find the new resources. You can also "Find in page" on your Android device. (Sorry I am not fruit-based - there may be a similar facility there.)
Sunday 27 November 2022
I've just uploaded 30 new resources to the site.
- A few World Cup 2022 resources for English, French, Spanish, German and Italian
- Some KS4 French grammar revision resources
- Some more primary Spanish resources, for example some Listen, Read, Write resources like this one
- Some more primary French resources
Thursday 1 September 2022
You may have seen on the Light Bulb Languages Twitter and Facebook pages that over the summer holidays I set myself the challenge of making 47 resources for my 47 days of holiday. Well yesterday I made the 48th, and that's not including the new scheme of work for primary French, which I published a couple of weeks ago.
You'll find new resources for:
- Primary French, especially units 2 and 7
- Primary Spanish
- The LiPS Listening project, French and Spanish
- Studio 3 Rouge - more sentence builders
I won't be using the KS3 ones myself - they are just for you.
Friday 19 August 2022
If you are a regular user of the website, you might have noticed that the Primary French Resources page looks a bit different.
After a break of 5 years, it looks like I will be teaching French again from September, so I wanted to revisit my scheme of work. This new one is based on my Spanish one, with a few tweaks.
I have typed out the scheme of work documents for units 1-10 so far, and will complete the rest in time. I'm sure you can appreciate that after 2 solid days of doing it, I want to do something different for a while!
I have also reorganised all the resources into the new units. If you have some favourite resources, they will still be there but might be in a different place on the page. Some of the resources will need editing to fit the new scheme, in particular resources in units 2 and 7.
It's worth pointing out that this is a scheme for specialist teachers - I won't be providing lesson plans or other support for it other than what is already on the website. The scheme for non-specialist teachers, which has full lesson plans, is still available.
Friday 27 May 2022
I've just uploaded 38 new resources, including the first for the Women's Euro 2022 tournament (French, German and Spanish). Please let me know if there are other Women's Euro resources that would be useful.
Tuesday 1 February 2022
I have just uploaded 47 new resources to the website.
There are also a number of new resources for Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 Spanish. To find out which ones they are, search for today's date "01.02.22". (My favourite way to do this on a computer is CTRL+F and typing in today's date in the above format.)
I have also added 9 Flippity randomisers for primary French and Spanish topics, which could also be used for lower Key Stage 3.
The Studio 2 Rouge sentence builders are now complete.